Skip to main content

Why I Started A GoFundme: #ComfyRoadToJournalism

A little transparency here.



As a gift from my father on Christmas last year, he gave me his jar full of coins that he's accumulated throughout the year. A very generous gift, however, it wasn't as easy to get as it may sound. When I went to go pick up the jar, there was a brief discussion between him and I before the interchange, which got a little unruly (Which I take full responsibility for).  Essentially, he didn't believe that I was going to use the money to buy a camera. I couldn't really fault him though, because given all of my past failed adventures and flat out bad decisions, how could he trust me now? Why was this time any different than any of the other ideas I thought was going to work? In middle school, I joined the band, which ended up meaning I needed an instrument. He bought me a trumpet. That only lasted a couple of years, but the thought of learning how to play again comes up every time I hear one in a song. Looking back on it now, between the trumpet, the car wash, his business, you really do start to agree with his point of view. Before now, history will show you that I, have an issue finishing what I start.

Now, I know that may sound a little shocking, especially given that this is about a GoFundme. But it's the truth. It's also, the PAST.

Photo Cred: Toni Green's Custom Creations
One of my biggest issues that I have, is taking on entirely too much for me to handle. Having been told, "No", so many times, I don't want people to feel that. It's hard being rejected or having something that you really needed to happen, fall through. So when my help is needed, I do my best to help as  much as I can. I was stretching myself, spreading myself too thin as the old folk would say. But when you have no focus; no precise set of directions on the map of life to follow, you tend to just float wherever the wind blows you. "Get in where you fit in".

Up until June of this year, I didn't really know what I wanted to do; WHO I wanted to be. At one point I wanted to start the car wash back up, just because I needed a job. When that didn't work out, I started working back in construction. Thought I was going to take over the family business in that, but nope. I'll explain all of that on Monday. I was taking whatever avenue that was going to stop me from being BROKE! lol. But my heart wasn't in any of it, which is why I couldn't finish it. I couldn't focus on any of that, because my focus was somewhere else. Just like a camera can be at times, my focus was off. Focus.

I just wanted to write this to go along with the theComfyMisfit: Road To Journalism Campaign page. Also, I was asked about starting an online newspaper. Upon deciding to start running a few of my own articles on the site, I asked if anyone would be interested in creating some content for it. A young brother from Roxboro responded with interest, and even drafted me up a sample piece. Which got me to thinking; Why not use this platform as a way for the youth to share their thoughts and wants? If we're all so worried about the youth, why aren't we listening to them? Could it be they feel as if what's the point in listening to you, if you never hear what I have to say? How can you tell me how to fix my problem, if you're only looking at the solution from your point of view? So not only will this help theComfyMisfit , but it could also inspire and motivate the youth to actually #PutTheGunsDown and #PickAPenUp . With the right instruction and support behind it, possibly even start our own community newspaper!!

Again, I just wanted to share that with you all. I appreciate your support and taking time out to visit and read this blog. This is something I really want to do. I've finally found my lane, and this time, I'm staying in it!

Be blessed

-theComfyMisfit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Happening To Our Black Men?

For the past few days, single mothers has been a topic that i’ve been hearing a lot about. It sparked my interest when I saw a tweet about it. The tweet was about a predominantly black youth department where 80% of the kids didn’t have a father present. It went on to ask “Why men traditionally gotta be awful?”, in which I replied, “If God hadn’t put Joseph into place, Mary would have been a single mother”. After doing a brief search of single black mothers, I found that over 72% of black children are born to single mothers. Immediately after reading that, my mind went back to the Amerikkka's Attack on the Black Community  post; Jesus more specifically. Remember how I explained how I thought the devil is operating in the United States Government?? Well… Float with me on this. We aren’t told much about Joseph in the scriptures, but we know that he was worthy enough to be handpicked to father the Son of God. It’s also interesting to note that he wasn’t mentioned until the tim

God Sent Me an Uber

After being completely and utterly disappointed and frustrated with my current life situation, i decided something had to change. Knowing that I have ran my life into a deep hole of a mess and that I could and SHOULD be doing much better, that’s what I wanted. I wanted to be happy; something I’ve never been before. So I made the call. I got God on the line and told him everything. How forgotten and abandoned I felt, as if he were picking on me. All of my failures, disappointments, the blown / mismanaged opportunities. I opened up and got everything off my chest. The ups, the downs, the would’ve-should’ve-could’ves’....Everything. After going on my little rant and after a brief moment of silence, mixed with some chuckling, I was told that I was being sent a car; an Uber. “Just get in the car and I’ll tell you how to fix it.”  Now once again, i felt like me and my issues were just another crumb on a table full of loaves that was just going to get passed over and wiped away. But bein

BLACK

“Black” I took a look in their little “Black Book” and what did I see? That we’re just a bunch of “Black Sheep” in the dictionary “Black balled” into believing that evil is dark, Mis-educating our children, leaving mental “Black Marks” On this “Black Friday” I really must say, This book should be on the “Black Market”….revised, Today! To “Blacken” a people with such negative words, Is mental “Blackballing”, but i don’t mind a “Blackbird” Look in the “Black Book” at how they describe their race Anything “Blackened” is attributed to your “Black Face” Educationally “Blackmailed”, dispensing “Black Bile” , Hearing bad “Black” words so long, some accept it in style Caucasian descriptions, giving us a “Black Eye” , And they say a “Black Panther” is a militant guy “Black Art” is witchcraft, “Black Leg” a disease , A “Black Fellow” is an Aborigine….overseas Do you live in the “Black Belt”? deep down in the southeast? Or have you seen “Black Disease”? I