Skip to main content

God Sent Me an Uber

After being completely and utterly disappointed and frustrated with my current life situation, i decided something had to change. Knowing that I have ran my life into a deep hole of a mess and that I could and SHOULD be doing much better, that’s what I wanted. I wanted to be happy; something I’ve never been before. So I made the call. I got God on the line and told him everything. How forgotten and abandoned I felt, as if he were picking on me. All of my failures, disappointments, the blown / mismanaged opportunities. I opened up and got everything off my chest. The ups, the downs, the would’ve-should’ve-could’ves’....Everything.


After going on my little rant and after a brief moment of silence, mixed with some chuckling, I was told that I was being sent a car; an Uber. “Just get in the car and I’ll tell you how to fix it.”  Now once again, i felt like me and my issues were just another crumb on a table full of loaves that was just going to get passed over and wiped away. But being that I had no clue as to how to fix any of it, what did I really have to lose? My idea rag had dried up and I had run out of people to ask for help. After He told me that He was sending a car, I was also informed that I didn’t have to worry about paying the bill; that it was on Him. And seeing as how a pack of Ramen noodles wasn’t even CLOSE to fitting into the budget, I said ok and started to get ready.


As I was waiting for the car to pull up, I found myself pacing back and forth across the room, gathering my thoughts, preparing my defense and practicing my speech. I mean, this is the moment I’ve been waiting for! I had questions that I felt needed answers. Lessons from situations that I wasn’t clear about. The who, what, when and HOW?? How did I ever let myself fall this deep and furthermore, WHY WOULD HE JUST LEAVE ME IN THE STRUGGLE? But the anger and frustration quickly subsided because, well, He had sent a car. I could finally have a sit down with the big man above and I just knew I would get all the answers I was seeking.


Upon entering the car though, my attitude quickly changed. This. Vehicle. Was. LOADED! I’m talking snacks, drinks, headphones, A/C pumping out the coldest of the cold, tinted windows, plush leather seats….If Uber had a Super Duper Godly Package, this would definitely be the model to build it around. “So this is what he sent huh?”, as I reached for a refreshment. The driver turned around and said “Yep, and it’s all yours. Just make sure you tell the big man thanks! And my name is Jesus. I’ll be driving you to your destination.” As I washed some of my snacks down with some water, I just sat back and got comfortable. Thinking to myself that this wasn’t a bad decision at all. I asked if he could tell me where the meeting was, but no answer. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.


Now, I only asked about the location so that I could help with the directions. After all, it was an Uber. I didn’t know if Jesus knew his way around the area as well as I did; shortcuts and whatnot. After about 2 minutes of what felt like floating down the highway, we stopped. I peeked out the window and saw a line of cars ahead of us. Traffic! We set there a few minutes before I suggested turning off and re-routing ourselves. Jesus didn’t seem too enthused by my idea, but he turned off and again, I sat back. My suggestion led us to another stop though; this time a car accident had everything backed up. It was as if these people knew who I was going to go see or the importance of this meeting! After finally getting through that, we came to another abrupt stop and wait. This time it was a flat tire. It was almost as if the universe and everything in it was delaying my meeting. But Jesus calmly got out and started to change it. I offered to help but he declined. I got out to help anyway, after all, it was just a tire. It seemed however, that I was only slowing him down. He was moving like he was in a NASCAR pit crew and I was the new guy slowing the time down. Feeling upset, frustrated, useless and defeated, I got back into the car and just sat and waited. Not long after, Jesus gets back into the car and takes off, as if nothing had happened. After several more stops, mainly because of my ‘shortcuts”, we reached our destination. When I got out of the car, God was standing there at the door. He asked what took so long, and before I could even get my thought together, I started to telling Him about my trip. How we ran into traffic, the flat tire and my all of my shortcuts. I just kept saying that I was sorry for being late and how bad the other drivers were driving. But all He said was “I sent you a free ride, fully stocked fridge and all the other comforts you would have needed. You’re apologizing for being late, but I didn't say that you were. Which is also why I didn’t give you a time or location. I knew had I just given you the address, between “Traffic” and your “Shortcuts”, you never would’ve made it to me. You got here RIGHT ON TIME!”

Moral of the story???

If God sends you an Uber, don’t try and help with the directions...just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Happening To Our Black Men?

For the past few days, single mothers has been a topic that i’ve been hearing a lot about. It sparked my interest when I saw a tweet about it. The tweet was about a predominantly black youth department where 80% of the kids didn’t have a father present. It went on to ask “Why men traditionally gotta be awful?”, in which I replied, “If God hadn’t put Joseph into place, Mary would have been a single mother”. After doing a brief search of single black mothers, I found that over 72% of black children are born to single mothers. Immediately after reading that, my mind went back to the Amerikkka's Attack on the Black Community  post; Jesus more specifically. Remember how I explained how I thought the devil is operating in the United States Government?? Well… Float with me on this. We aren’t told much about Joseph in the scriptures, but we know that he was worthy enough to be handpicked to father the Son of God. It’s also interesting to note that he wasn’t mentioned until the tim

BLACK

“Black” I took a look in their little “Black Book” and what did I see? That we’re just a bunch of “Black Sheep” in the dictionary “Black balled” into believing that evil is dark, Mis-educating our children, leaving mental “Black Marks” On this “Black Friday” I really must say, This book should be on the “Black Market”….revised, Today! To “Blacken” a people with such negative words, Is mental “Blackballing”, but i don’t mind a “Blackbird” Look in the “Black Book” at how they describe their race Anything “Blackened” is attributed to your “Black Face” Educationally “Blackmailed”, dispensing “Black Bile” , Hearing bad “Black” words so long, some accept it in style Caucasian descriptions, giving us a “Black Eye” , And they say a “Black Panther” is a militant guy “Black Art” is witchcraft, “Black Leg” a disease , A “Black Fellow” is an Aborigine….overseas Do you live in the “Black Belt”? deep down in the southeast? Or have you seen “Black Disease”? I