Skip to main content

They Hated Me Without A Cause

photo cred: Business Insider
What is it that brings someone to the point of hating another human being, simply based on the color of their skin? After seeing the videos and photos of what happened in Charlottesville, I began to question everything that I had been saying, every biblical point of reference I had made thus far. I couldn’t for the life of me figure out how: 1. The “Unite The Right” rally would be approved and allowed to happen, and, 2. When is Black America going to finally come together and make a united stance on something? So, I prayed about it. Slept on it. Thought about it a little more, and it was back to Black Jesus and John.


Float with me on this.


Jesus, speaking about the hatred of the world, says in John 15:18-19,

“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, therefore the world hates you.”


That verse led to a flurry of thoughts that just randomly started to connect, and put the malicious events and tragic loss of life in Charlottesville in perspective. Stick with me.


It was Satan who tempted Jesus in the wilderness with “the kingdoms of the world”, if he would just worship him ( Matthew 4: 1- 11 ). He would give him all the kingdoms and their “splendor”, if Jesus would just bow down and worship him. But we all know that Jesus didn’t do it. Thinking deeper on that situation, could it be possible that this could be the real reason Satan so was hell bent on destroying Jesus Christ? Just think on it for a minute.


Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 4:4, “In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.” Well, who is the god of this world? Satan. He’s also referred to as “prince of the power of the air” Ephesians 2:2 (the spirit that controls the sons of disobedience) and, the “prince of this world” John 12:31. Now, that’s not saying that Satan has control over the entire world, however, God has given him a limited amount of power, but that limit has boundaries (think about Jobs’ story). When the bible says that Satan has power over the world, it means that he has power over unbelievers. Believers are no longer under the domain of Satan. Unbelievers however, “lie in the power of the evil one.” 1 John 5:19. Essentially meaning, they are controlled by the world. Key word there: Control. *note*
photo cred: cnn.com


The Romans were all about law and order. Hail Caesar! Submit to Roman authority or die! But Jesus didn’t do that. They killed him because he worked miracles, taught the people how to live right, and to preached love and forgiveness. Jesus himself said it best, “They hated me without a cause.” John 15:25.  During the crucifixion, after Jesus says, Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” Luke 23:34, the guards “cast lots to divide his garments.” Even while hanging on the cross, on the brink of death, they were putting in their bets for his clothes. They were still trying to profit something materialistically, when the real profit could only be obtained, spiritually.


I was asked to give an example of systemic oppression of black people in the bible and how it could be related to our current situation. But that’s what the bible is in my opinion. It’s the most widely misused piece of Black History still in circulation. Throughout the entirety of the bible, there are a few major consistencies that help make my case. Food, Religion, Money. All three Satan has been using since the beginning of time to try and destroy and overtake God’s chosen people. The heavy emphasis to, and reprimand for worshiping false/idol gods. How the chase for money, glory and riches, have destroyed kingdoms and ruined kings. All under Satans domain. But Jesus was the saviour. He was the one that would put the end to it all. It was Jesus whom God sent to save his people from the ways of wicked one, to take back control. So, in fear of losing the only little bit of power that God had given him completely, he took a different approach.


Religion is a very touchy subject among the African American community, but I’m not afraid to talk about it. I think that’s what Paul meant when he wrote 2 Corinthians 4:4. It’s through the unbelievers that we now see the multiplication of various beliefs, yet we can all (mostly) agree that there is a God. Furthermore, many also believe that Jesus was real, yet, they don’t identify themselves as a Christian. They have a problem with the “church”. But if one were to actually begin to not just read the bible, but to also study and actively seek the answers they’re looking for, I think we as black people, would get a better understanding of why things are the way they are and WHO we are. Satan, through his unbelieving “sons of disobedience” has been using religion as one means of oppression from the start. God won’t help a people who doesn’t believe. Now I understand what the old folks meant when they would tell me to “study your bible, because the bible studying too!”. It’s all for control. Jim Crow wasn’t turning Africans to Christians, he was turning Black Christians into White Disobedient Misinformed Sons.


Now, I have nothing against white people. I do have something against white people who participate in rallies like “Unite The Right” or those who simply stay silent about the oppression, killing and unequal opportunities of my people.


photo cred: Southern Poverty Law Center
But here’s something to think on. God said that when the world became too wicked again that he would destroy it with fire, instead of water. Satan is the “prince of the power of the air”. Tornados, hurricanes, tsunamis, the damage that a strong wind can cause. Wind. It was also the Holy Spirit that came from heaven like a mighty rushing wind and filled the people on the Day of Pentecost. Now, the KKK loves to play with fire. Torches, setting crosses and people of fire. Fire needs Air to maintain itself, but water puts fire out. Remember when I said that God Is In The Water and how the people loved Moses? Well, in the book of Jude, the archangel Michael and Satan are fighting over the body of Moses. Moses is the one key figure in many religions. The people loved and worshipped Moses; he was the Jesus of the Old Testament! Now he's being used by sons of disobedience, the unbelievers, those that lie in the power of the evil one. They were fighting over his body because Satan wanted control over the people that followed and loved Moses. His face sits in the US Capitol, along with statues at many state buildings.

Think on that.


-theComfyMisfit

Comments

  1. thanks this was a great read. nice to have things broken down to today's times

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Happening To Our Black Men?

For the past few days, single mothers has been a topic that i’ve been hearing a lot about. It sparked my interest when I saw a tweet about it. The tweet was about a predominantly black youth department where 80% of the kids didn’t have a father present. It went on to ask “Why men traditionally gotta be awful?”, in which I replied, “If God hadn’t put Joseph into place, Mary would have been a single mother”. After doing a brief search of single black mothers, I found that over 72% of black children are born to single mothers. Immediately after reading that, my mind went back to the Amerikkka's Attack on the Black Community  post; Jesus more specifically. Remember how I explained how I thought the devil is operating in the United States Government?? Well… Float with me on this. We aren’t told much about Joseph in the scriptures, but we know that he was worthy enough to be handpicked to father the Son of God. It’s also interesting to note that he wasn’t mentioned until the tim

God Sent Me an Uber

After being completely and utterly disappointed and frustrated with my current life situation, i decided something had to change. Knowing that I have ran my life into a deep hole of a mess and that I could and SHOULD be doing much better, that’s what I wanted. I wanted to be happy; something I’ve never been before. So I made the call. I got God on the line and told him everything. How forgotten and abandoned I felt, as if he were picking on me. All of my failures, disappointments, the blown / mismanaged opportunities. I opened up and got everything off my chest. The ups, the downs, the would’ve-should’ve-could’ves’....Everything. After going on my little rant and after a brief moment of silence, mixed with some chuckling, I was told that I was being sent a car; an Uber. “Just get in the car and I’ll tell you how to fix it.”  Now once again, i felt like me and my issues were just another crumb on a table full of loaves that was just going to get passed over and wiped away. But bein

BLACK

“Black” I took a look in their little “Black Book” and what did I see? That we’re just a bunch of “Black Sheep” in the dictionary “Black balled” into believing that evil is dark, Mis-educating our children, leaving mental “Black Marks” On this “Black Friday” I really must say, This book should be on the “Black Market”….revised, Today! To “Blacken” a people with such negative words, Is mental “Blackballing”, but i don’t mind a “Blackbird” Look in the “Black Book” at how they describe their race Anything “Blackened” is attributed to your “Black Face” Educationally “Blackmailed”, dispensing “Black Bile” , Hearing bad “Black” words so long, some accept it in style Caucasian descriptions, giving us a “Black Eye” , And they say a “Black Panther” is a militant guy “Black Art” is witchcraft, “Black Leg” a disease , A “Black Fellow” is an Aborigine….overseas Do you live in the “Black Belt”? deep down in the southeast? Or have you seen “Black Disease”? I