Skip to main content

BLACK

“Black”

I took a look in their little “Black Book” and what did I see?
That we’re just a bunch of “Black Sheep” in the dictionary
“Black balled” into believing that evil is dark,
Mis-educating our children, leaving mental “Black Marks”

On this “Black Friday” I really must say,
This book should be on the “Black Market”….revised, Today!
To “Blacken” a people with such negative words,
Is mental “Blackballing”, but i don’t mind a “Blackbird”

Look in the “Black Book” at how they describe their race
Anything “Blackened” is attributed to your “Black Face”
Educationally “Blackmailed”, dispensing “Black Bile” ,
Hearing bad “Black” words so long, some accept it in style

Caucasian descriptions, giving us a “Black Eye” ,
And they say a “Black Panther” is a militant guy
“Black Art” is witchcraft, “Black Leg” a disease ,
A “Black Fellow” is an Aborigine….overseas

Do you live in the “Black Belt”? deep down in the southeast?
Or have you seen “Black Disease”? It’s fatal among beasts!
Have you ever been “Blackballed” or beaten “Black & Blue”?
The most sinuous dance in the roaring 20's was “Black Bottom”
……..Google it, it’s true!

If you go to “Black Mass”, well that’s just blasphemy
“Black Heart” is a disease bringing “Black Death” to a tree
Are we still under “Black Code”, limiting your rights?
Or have you heard of “Black Hand”, a criminal group, out of sight

“Black Measles” killed a lot of people way back in the past
A “Black -A- Moor” is a discoloration that last and last
A “Black Pope” is so offensive to the religious Klan ,
A “Black Muslim” advocates the separation of man

I feel like I’m a victim of verbal “Blackmail”
Is there a “Black” word in Webster’s for all the “Black” people in jail?
The “Black Book” said a “Black Guard” is contemptibly low ,
It also stated “Black Face” is to imitate a negro

So I’m working my “Black Magic” so our minds can be free
But look, wait, I’ve found something…
“Black Gold” !!! …..never mind, that’s just Texas Tea
They equate themselves to day and us to night
Why yes MJ, it really DOES matter if you’re “Black or white”
These are the words that we’re taught to know
Read deep between the lines and your mind will begin to grow
On a sunny day while you’re having that picnic in the park
Remember the light that’s shining, must also come to the dark

Whenever you’re in a group and you want to say it loud
Are you sure you want to be shouting, “I’m Black and I’m Proud”?
We’re varying shades of brown people, all of African descent
Thanks for the fake book Mr. Webster, now change it…...hint, hint, hint.



-theComfyMisfit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Is No One Talking About Post Incarceration Syndrome?

The other night I was out on the balcony, getting some fresh air and just, thinking. I’ve recently started to get into researching the school-to-prison pipeline, when I came across this article online about Post Incarceration Syndrome (PICS). Quick breakdown, (to avoid going too far into detail), PICS is a mixed mental disorder with four clusters of symptoms: Institutionalized / Antisocial Personality Traits Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Social-Security Deprivation Syndrome Reactive Substance Use Disorder Again, not going into specific detail about any of those, but you should definitely check out the article when you get a chance. After reading over it, I started to think about myself and my jail experiences. I had never really thought about it until now, but to me it explained a lot. See, before I started on my little “outlaw” run, I wasn’t the way I am now. Meaning I wasn’t a homebody. Before I was out every weekend or chance I could get to go out. Didn’t matt

What's Happening To Our Black Men?

For the past few days, single mothers has been a topic that i’ve been hearing a lot about. It sparked my interest when I saw a tweet about it. The tweet was about a predominantly black youth department where 80% of the kids didn’t have a father present. It went on to ask “Why men traditionally gotta be awful?”, in which I replied, “If God hadn’t put Joseph into place, Mary would have been a single mother”. After doing a brief search of single black mothers, I found that over 72% of black children are born to single mothers. Immediately after reading that, my mind went back to the Amerikkka's Attack on the Black Community  post; Jesus more specifically. Remember how I explained how I thought the devil is operating in the United States Government?? Well… Float with me on this. We aren’t told much about Joseph in the scriptures, but we know that he was worthy enough to be handpicked to father the Son of God. It’s also interesting to note that he wasn’t mentioned until the tim

The Roaring 20s - Trump's Chicago

...in the wake of what's happening in #chicago ...ima drop this today There was an article published by The Courier-Times newspaper back in May that caught my attention. It was on the front page of the “Living in Person” section, with the headline: “Students Experience Roaring 20s”. Local homeschoolers had put on show bringing the 1920s “back to life”. Also on the front page, was a picture of a group of kids; all “dressed to the nines as flappers and mobsters.” Machine Gun Kelly, Al Capone, Eliot Ness and Coco Chanel, just to name a few. The article begins by stating that: “It was the era of gangsters, Prohibition, and all that glitters.” It then goes on to tell us about the invention of the juicer. Which they even demonstrated by making lemonade. The students were taught about the art deco style, choosing a “celebrity” of the era and creating their own art pieces. The program ended with a feast from a variety of foods popular in that decade...peanut butter cups, chow mein, C